Aaron got home late Friday night and of course he and Howard had their usual re-united lovefest...
We had a relaxing morning- got up far too early for a Saturday, went up the street to what is quickly becoming our favorite Saturday morning breakfast tradition: Babblin' Babs Bistro. (Best french toast I've ever had absolutely in my entire life...). Then we walked up the street not once, but twice, to the farmer's market our neighborhood puts on every Saturday.
Later that afternoon, we attended a Kentucky Derby gathering (and I think it was the first time I've ever even watched the Kentucky Derby). We got dressed up and we drew horse names out of a hat to see who we were to root for (and according to Kim's family tradition, you all put a dollar bill into a hat and if your horse wins, you get the stash of cash). No one had any dollar bills, so we didn't do that. Rats.
And guess who drew Mine That Horse.
Me.
First time I've ever won anything and what did I win? Nothing really. Except for that feeling of satisfaction that one can only attain after achieving the luck of the draw. And that was enough for me... 
No comments:
Post a Comment